Chair: This position is currently open.
History & Purpose: The Membership and Outreach Committee (MOC) tackles issues such as membership recruitment, participation, and retention, as well as digital tools used for communication and marketing of SALIS to others, in an effort to help keep SALIS strong. The MOC manages social media for SALIS, as well as various databases and other technology-related tools. This committee formed in 2016 when the Membership & Outreach and Technology Committees combined efforts.
Communication: The committee has a dedicated listserv and meets remotely to discuss current and future actions.
Projects & Activities:
- ATOD Bibliographic Databases & Archives (B. Weiner)
- ATOD Serials Database (M. Brunner)
- New Books List (A. Mitchell)
- SALIS Website Management
- Digitization Project Database (for use by the Advocacy Committee to manage the books added to The SALIS Collection.
- SALIS Facebook Page and other social media options.
- SALIS Listservs. SALIS-L for all members as well as lists for working committees and projects.
- A Wikipedia entry for SALIS was submitted in April 2015 and edited several times for compliance, but repeatedly rejected by Wikipedia. This project has been tabled until further notice.
- Summary of SALIS Communication Tools and Platforms compiled in 2010. Available to in Members Only section.