Chair: Meg Brunner, University of Washington, firstname.lastname@example.org
History & Purpose:
The Development Committee was created in May 2007 at the Board Strategic Planning meeting in Reno for the purpose of helping to secure the organization’s financial sustainability by broadening its base of revenue.
Projects & Activities:
- Oversee and track donations to SALIS via the Support SALIS link on the website;
- Oversee and track revenue from the Bookstore affiliates program;
- Seek sponsorship dollars, such as those provided for each conference;
- Search for foundations/government agencies that may be sources of funding, and monitor their websites to stay current with what is available;
- Be on the alert for new project ideas and communicate to the Board about fiscal opportunities for SALIS;
- Assist with proposals or letters of intent when potential projects are identified.