Membership for 2022 is now open.
Renew your membership or Join SALIS today!
See Membership Rates & Payment Options below.
SALIS membership is a perfect match for librarians and information professionals, and others employed in or interested in alcohol, tobacco and other drugs, who seek a community of practice for learning and sharing information. SALIS is an international organization and welcomes members from all countries. Members fill diverse professional roles in the field of substance use information and related fields, representing:
- Research & academic institutions
- Clearinghouses & resource centers
- Hospitals & treatment centers
- Government & private service agencies
- Publishers & the media
Why join SALIS?
See the Top Reasons why you should join SALIS.
- Full: In addition to the many benefits of being a part of the SALIS community, Full members may vote in SALIS elections, hold elective and appointive office within SALIS, receive copies or notifications of selected government publications, and other privileges which SALIS may extend.
Rate for 2022: $120 US
Full membership is available at discounted rates for:
Retired or unemployed: $60 US
Students: $60 US
- Affiliate: $70 US. Affiliates are not eligible for the SALIS-L listserv, to vote, or hold elected office.
Discounted membership rates may be offered at the discretion of the SALIS Executive Board. Those from LMIC (Low Middle Income Countries) are encouraged to Contact SALIS for more information.
Membership is based on a calendar year. New members joining after the first quarter of a year should Contact SALIS for a pro-rated membership rate.
Options to pay Membership Fees
To pay by wire transfer:
Contact SALIS for instructions.
SALIS membership applications are managed through the SALIS Home Office in Berkeley California.