SALIS Development Committee
Members: Barbara Weiner, Chair; Andrea Mitchell, Meg Brunner
History & Purpose:
The Development Committee was created in May 2007 at the
Board Strategic Planning meeting in Reno for the purpose
of helping to secure the organization's financial sustainability
by broadening its base of revenue.
Communication: The committee communicates
by email and phone.
Projects & Activities:
- Oversee and track donations to SALIS via the Support
SALIS link on the website;
- Oversee and track revenue from the Bookstore
- Seek sponsorship dollars, such as those provided for
each conference, e.g. 2008
- Search for foundations/government agencies that may
be sources of funding, and monitor their websites to stay
current with what is available;
- Be on the alert for new project ideas and communicate
to the Board about fiscal opportunities for SALIS;
- Assist with proposals or letters of intent when potential
projects are identified.