Looking Forward, Looking Back:
Reflections on the Past and Planning for the Future
36th Annual Conference
April 29 - May 2, 2014
New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Center of Alcohol Studies
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Mail your completed letter of application to:
The SALIS Executive Board has authorized a limited number of partial scholarships for SALIS members who require financial assistance to attend the 2014 annual SALIS conference.
Deadline: Friday, March 14, 2014
Eligibility and Application Procedures:
- Full members in good standing are eligible to apply. Conference presenters and first-time attendees will be given priority for funding.
- Applicants must have been a SALIS member for at least one year to be eligible. No one will be funded for two consecutive years.
- Applicants should first seek support from their home organization or other sponsor before requesting support from SALIS.
- The number of scholarships awarded for each conference depends upon the number of qualified applicants, the costs associated with the conference location, and available funds. Generally, two to four scholarships are awarded per year. Awards will be determined by a committee consisting of the SALIS Chair (or Chair-elect), the Chair(s) of the conference host committee, and the SALIS Treasurer.
- Each scholarship shall consist of a waiver of the registration fee, plus payment by SALIS of two nights (2) in the host hotel for the recipient -- room rate plus tax only -- excluding all incidentals, which are the responsibility of the scholarship recipient. No funds are given directly to the applicant by SALIS.
- A letter of application should be submitted in writing (postal or email) to SALIS Treasurer Karen Palmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday, March 14, 2014. Letters of application should include:
- Statement from the member of her/his goals for participating in the conference;
- Estimated costs for attendance; and
- Statement from the member's home organization indicating availability and amount of matching funds or other partial support, if any.
Each conference scholarship recipient must make his/her own hotel reservations, and hold that reservation with his/her own credit card. SALIS will authorize the hotel to charge two (2) nights for each scholarship recipient on its master account, and will make payment to the hotel at the conclusion of the conference. The scholarship recipient will need to furnish a valid credit card to the hotel in advance to guarantee late arrival, pay for additional nights spent at the hotel beyond the two (2) nights covered by the scholarship, and cover all incidentals, including those accrued during the two (2) scholarship nights.
Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse (CCSA)
500 - 75 Albert St.
Ottawa, ON K1P 5E7 Canada
Click here to view information about previous SALIS conferences.