Real Health: The Importance of Professionals in Today's Information Climate
Substance Abuse Librarians & Information Specialists
Association of Mental Health Librarians
May 3-6, 2017
SALIS will offer a limited number of partial scholarships for members who require financial assistance to attend the 2017 SALIS/AMHL conference.
Deadline: Monday, March 27, 2017.
Eligibility and Application Procedures:
- An applicant must 1) have been a Full SALIS member for at least one year, and; 2) have paid their membership dues for 2017.
- First-time attendees, conference presenters and those who have not received a scholarship previously will be given priority for funding.
- Applicants should first seek support from their home organization or other sponsor before requesting support from SALIS.
- The number of scholarships awarded for each conference depends upon the number of qualified applicants and available funds. Up to three scholarships may be awarded each year.
- Awards will be determined by a committee consisting of the SALIS Chair (or Chair-elect), the Chair(s) of the conference host committee, and the SALIS Treasurer.
- Each scholarship shall consist of a waiver of the registration fee, plus payment by SALIS of two nights (2) in the host hotel for the recipient – room rate plus tax only – excluding all incidentals, which are the responsibility of the scholarship recipient. No funds are given directly to the applicant by SALIS.
- A letter of application should be submitted in writing (postal or email) to the SALIS Treasurer no later than Monday, March 27, 2017. Letters of application should include:
- Statement from the member of her/his goals for participating in the conference
- Estimated costs for attendance
- Statement from the member's home organization indicating availability and amount of matching funds or other partial support, if any.
- Successful applicants will be required to submit a brief article on their conference experience to the SALIS newsletter.
Each conference scholarship recipient must make his/her own hotel reservations, and hold that reservation with his/her own credit card. SALIS will authorize the hotel to charge two (2) nights for each scholarship recipient on its master account, and will make payment to the hotel at the conclusion of the conference. The scholarship recipient will need to furnish a valid credit card to the hotel in advance to guarantee late arrival, pay for additional nights spent at the hotel beyond the two (2) nights covered by the scholarship, and cover all incidentals, including those accrued during the two (2) scholarship nights.
Mail your completed letter of application to:
Karen Palmer, SALIS Treasurer
Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse (CCSA)
500 - 75 Albert St.
Ottawa, ON K1P 5E7 Canada
Click here to view information about previous SALIS conferences.