Information Professionals: Building Alliances for
Mental Health, Substance Use and Addictions
Substance Abuse Librarians & Information Specialists
Association of Mental Health Librarians
2019 Annual Conference
- SALIS's 41st, SALIS/AMHL's 4th
April 23-26, 2019 ·
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Hotel & Travel
Envision Hotel Boston-Longwood
81 South Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02130 USA
About the hotel
Reserve your room today!
The conference rate is $189/night (Monday - Thursday night (check-out Friday)). If you prefer or need to call to book your rooms instead, our "group name" is "Harvard Med AMHL/SALIS Conf." The deadline for room reservations at this rate is February 23, 2019.
Boston Logan International Airport
Public transportation: "Take the T" (subway/light rail)
Use the airport's free shuttle (Silver Line SL1; pick up outside every terminal) to get to the Airport Station, then take the Blue Line to Government Center, transfer to the Green E Line, get off at Riverway Station. Riverway Station is 0.1 miles from the hotel (about 2 blocks). Takes about 45 minutes. Plan your trip using the MBTA Trip Planner (put in Logan and the hotel address) or the Transit Map.
Uber, Lyft info
Directions from the Hotel to the Reception and Meeting Rooms
The opening reception and all meeting activities will be held on the 5th floor of the Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine, Harvard Medical School. The school and library are a short distance from the conference hotel. Here is how to get from the hotel to the library:
- TAKE THE TROLLEY (non-accessible):
- Exit the hotel and walk across the street to the "Back of the Hill" stop to pick up the trolley going inbound. It will be painted green and white (part of the MBTA transit system "Green Line," signed E-Lechmere).
- Take the trolley 4 stops to the "Brigham Circle" stop.
- Exit, cross the outbound track and the street (Huntington Ave) and the Countway Library will be directly in front of you. The entrance is on the opposite side of the building, which you can reach via a few steps down into a plaza, a few steps up at the opposite end, and then left and left again.
- Your best bet is to take a cab/Uber/Lyft.
- Use the library's address of 10 Shattuck St. to get you to the main entrance.
- It's about a 20 minute walk from the hotel. The address is 10 Shattuck St.
- Follow the trolley tracks on South Huntington Ave (which takes a right turn and turns into Huntington Ave) and the library will be on the left side after you cross a large intersection called Brigham Circle.