The 33rd Annual SALIS Conference met at the Hilton President-Kansas City in downtown Kansas City, MO. The conference was hosted
by Laurie Krom, Director of the Addiction Technology Transfer Centers (ATTC) National Office, with great support from Cindy Christie and other staff of the ATTC National Office.
A few of the 2011 speakers are listed below. You can view the full program here.
- Ron Manderscheid, PhD, Executive Director, National Association of County Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Directors, on The Past and Future of Behavioral Health and Health Care Reform.
- Heather Gotham, PhD, Associate Research Professor, Mid-America ATTC, University of Missouri-Kansas City, on The Innovation Continuum: Steps in Implementing New Ideas and Technologies.
- Scott Breedlove, Missouri Substance Abuse Professional Credentialing Board, on Shifting from a Treatment Philosophy to a Recovery Philosophy: Understanding Recovery Oriented Systems of Care.
- Harlan Pruden, NorthEast Two-Spirit Society, on Reclaiming Our Voice: Two-Spirit Health & Human Service Needs in New York State.
- Jane Shelling, National Drugs Sector Information Service, Alcohol and other Drugs Council of Australia, on The Personal Librarian Project - Push Technology Without Enough Pull.
- Sheila Lacroix, Diane Van Abbe, and Karen Palmer (Centre on Addiction and Mental Health, Ontario Tobacco Research Unit, and Canadian Center on Substance Abuse) on eBooks: Challenges, Choices and Opportunities.
- Jan Wrolstad, Mid-America ATTC, demonstrating the Psychotherapeutic Medications Database.
It wasn't ALL work! SALIS attendees took the opportunity to sample the excellent barbeque for which Kansas City is justly famous, and to make memorable excursions to the Negro Baseball Leagues Museum and the American Jazz Museum in the historic 18th & Vine District.
SALIS greatly appreciates the support of its generous 2011 Sponsors and Exhibitors!
*"Now's the Time" in honor of jazz great and Kansas City native Charlie Parker.